-- Not set --
Camberley, Surrey, UK
Posted on: Monday 08 October, 2018
Edward Elgar Publishing is an award winning international publisher of academic economics, law, public policy and management books.
We are looking for a graduate who can demonstrate an interest in book publishing to join our busy editorial and production team. The successful candidate will liaise with editors, production staff and suppliers to ensure the smooth running of the editorial production office.
Good digital, communication and organizational skills, along with computer literacy, are essential requirements. You will need to be careful and methodical as well as flexible and adaptable.
Benefits include: season ticket loans, cycle-to-work scheme, childcare voucher scheme, group personal pension scheme, long-term disability insurance scheme and an employee assistance programme.
Routine duties of the Publishing Assistant include:
• Checking finished books
• Cleaning digital files using Photoshop software
• Checking digital files
• Checking metadata spreadsheets
• Uploading digital files
• Estimating page extents of books using Excel spreadsheets
• Creating and updating records on production database
• Liaison with editorial and production staff
• Liaison with suppliers/freelancers
• Answering the telephone
• Back-up reception duties
• Undertaking other tasks required to ensure the smooth running of the editorial production office
The above is not an exhaustive list and the duties in the job description may be revised following discussion between the Publishing Assistant, the Head of Editorial Services and the Head of Production Services.
This is a full time position, working 35 hours per week, based in our offices in Camberley, Surrey, UK.
To apply, please submit a covering letter and CV, including salary expectations