Posted on: Friday 13 April, 2018
An opportunity has arisen to join the Catholic Truth Society (CTS), established in 1868, as it celebrates its 150th anniversary. With its mission to communicate the truths of the Catholic faith, CTS is one of the oldest and most inspiring Catholic publishers and charities. The CTS publishes high quality, affordable books and resources that help Catholics to gain a deeper understanding of their faith and to share it with others. These range from high specification liturgical Missals, Bibles and Catechisms to children’s books, booklets, leaflets and prayer cards.
To oversee the production of CTS titles: manage the schedules of each title and their delivery to the warehouse, ensuring that products are delivered in a timely manner, good quality control is maintained, and print and production costs are kept within budget.
- Production scheduling: create and manage the production and editorial schedules of each title, and liaise with colleagues to ensure quality products are produced on time and to budget.
- Print buying: purchase print at competitive prices and control reprints and stock replenishment titles, placing orders in a timely fashion. At all times to seek the most competitive prices for print and digital production and maintain the best standards.
- Systems improvement: seek to improve workflows to achieve best standards and, where possible, challenge existing processes in an effort to achieve greater efficiency.
- Typesetting: set, make amendments, style and typeset new titles, as well as handling reprints and special editions in consultation with editors. To de-archive and make corrections that are necessary for reissues and reprints.
- Deputise: be involved in the day-to-day operations and management of the Production Department, including running weekly production meetings and any other management duties, as and when directed by the Managing Editor.