Publicity and Marketing Intern (paid)
Posted on: Tuesday 20 February, 2018
Scribe UK is a vibrant independent publisher releasing a list of around 60 titles a year, fiction and non-fiction. Our office in Bloomsbury consists of five staff, and we are now seeking a three-day per week Publicity and Marketing Intern to assist the team.
We are looking for applicants available to start by mid-March for a fixed period of two months. The successful candidate will be paid at the London Living Wage rate of £10.20 per hour.
Office hours are 10am-6pm with a one-hour paid lunch break. Applicants must be available to work on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Duties to include:
· Contributing to press releases and other press materials.
· Packing and sending publicity mail-outs.
· Supporting in the running of launches and other author events.
· Shadowing meetings with authors and journalists.
· Updating the media directory.
· Organising blog tours.
· Using InDesign to create social media assets.
· Contributing to Scribe’s social media presence.
· Researching potential marketing partners.
· Updating and storing review quotes.
· Ad hoc reporting on manuscripts.
· General office admin support.
We are looking for applicants with an eye for detail and excellent time management skills. You need to be passionate about books, curious about publishing, and in particular interested in learning about the process by which books are brought to market and into the public eye. Enthusiasm for children’s books is desirable. Prior experience in publishing is not a pre-requisite, but a strong work ethic, good judgement and good humour all are. This successful applicant will have the opportunity to join the small and dynamic team at Scribe for a period of two months.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to sarah[at]scribepub.co.uk with the subject line ‘Publicity and Marketing Internship’.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Monday 26 February. We will only respond to those candidates who we choose to call for interview.