Production and Editorial Manager - Part Time - 3 days/week
£20,000 - £30,000
Posted on: Tuesday 06 February, 2018
Production and editorial manager, Facet Publishing, part time (21 hours a week)
We are looking for a creative and highly organised individual to manage our production across print and digital titles. Facet Publishing is a small and agile business and this is a broad and multi-skilled role which will suit a good team player who is able to work on their own initiative. You will be solely responsible for project managing titles from manuscript to finished book, ensuring that products are delivered on time and to the highest quality standards.
Your key responsibilities include:
• controlling schedules, budgets and quality
• liaising with printers, freelancers, designers and authors
• briefing typespecs
• managing all costs effectively and negotiating with suppliers
• assessing artwork and author/supplier files
• updating internal and external information, website and metadata systems
• assessing manuscripts for level of edit required, briefing copyeditors and collating proofs.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• a good understanding of print manufacturing and prepress workflows
• a sharp eye for detail
• an ability to work to tight deadlines and possess excellent organizational, numerical and negotiation skills
• a willingness and ability to evolve our systems for the future.
Desirable but not essential:
• design and/or typesetting skills
• proficiency in Quark/Adobe Professional/InDesign/Photoshop.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a production editor to gain further experience on a highly respected imprint.
If this sounds like a good match for you and you are looking for a flexible part-time role, please get in touch.