Horsham, West Sussex
Posted on: Thursday 09 November, 2017
Independent children's publisher of picture books, early readers, junior fiction and calendars is seeking an enthusiastic publishing assistant. This is a starter role and would suit someone wanting to enter the world of publishing. No prior experience needed but would be beneficial. Good writing and reading skills are an advantage. Must be confident using computers and learning to use new software. We are a small team, so the assistant would be involved in all areas of the book publishing process and therefore will have to be able work on a variety of projects simultaneously. An artistic eye is a bonus.
Some of the roles may include:
- Liaising with authors and illustrators.
- Proof reading texts.
- Writing copy for marketing material.
- Working with educational consultants on creating Early Readers.
- Working with design software such as Photoshop and Quark.
- Updating and managing our Wordpress website.
- Reading and giving feedback for book submissions.
- Working on our range of calendars.
Interviews will be held on 29th November. The successful applicant would start in the new year. Applications close on the 22nd November. This position will have a three month trial. Local applicants preferred.