Last updated: Friday 10 February, 2017
-- Not set --
London - High Holborn
Posted on: Friday 10 February, 2017
About the Job
Foreign Rights Assistant (temporary 6 months contract)
Application deadline: 21 February 2017
Thames & Hudson is looking to recruit a lively, hard-working and internationally minded person to join its busy Foreign Rights department on a 6-month maternity contract starting in early April 2017. The position could become full-time after the initial 6-month period.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the accurate fulfilment of foreign language co-editions and licence agreements and will provide full administrative back-up to our Sales Executives.
Essential attributes include:
• Some publishing experience and a good knowledge of book production processes
• An interest in Thames & Hudson’s wide-ranging list
• Energy, enthusiasm and attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• An interest in foreign cultures and people
• The ability to speak a foreign language, French in particular, would also be a distinct advantage. Please state your language skills, including an indication of proficiency, in your covering letter.
This position offers a varied and in-depth experience of international publishing within a friendly team at one of the world’s foremost illustrated book publishers.
Skills: Contracts, Distribution, Editorial, International Sales, Operations, Production, Project Management, Rights, Sales
Salary: Will depend upon experience
Start date: 03 Apr, 2017
Duration: 6 months contract, may be extended
Contact name: Alice Craddock
Telephone: 020 7845 5104