Financial Controller/Finance Director - Watkins Media Limited
Posted on: Monday 23 September, 2019
With a history dating back to 1893, Watkins Media is an independently run company that provides a home for a collective of niche businesses that speak with authority to their specific and very passionate audiences. Whether it’s through excellence in traditional publishing or cutting-edge apps and digital communities, Watkins Media is dedicated to building platforms that engage with each fan base on a truly global scale. We currently have four publishing imprints, three magazines, a flagship bookstore in Central London, three apps with more scheduled, as well as other digital platforms in the wellbeing and mind, body, spirit area.
We believe our business thrives when employees are engaged, challenged and can learn from their peers. We work together to tackle big problems and we enjoy every minute of it. With the belief that we all achieve the most when working together, we support each other and work as a team. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing media company.
This role is an integral part of the growth and development of our business. Responsibilities include making payments, running payroll, and inputting all transactions into our Sage account software. Creating monthly profit and loss reports for each department and weekly cash flow forecasts. Also, creating an annual budget based on historical costs and future sales projections.
• File royalty information for foreign rights department
• Prepare and maintain prepayments and fixed assets
• Prepare and reconcile monthly accruals
• Reconcile distribution statements and post distribution charges
• Analyze and make payments to UK field sales representatives
• Prepare weekly sales sheets
• Manage stock accounting
• Assist in the year-end audit packs.
Some of the skills & knowledge required:
• Part qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA)
• Payroll experience essential
• Experience of publishing industry preferred