Company: Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd
Location: Camberley, Surrey
Address: Heatherley House, 10 Heatherley Road, Camberley
Postcode: GU15 3LW
Founded in 1986, EEP is a leading international publisher of academic economics, law and management books. We have successfully created a prestigious list with more than 4000 titles in print, publishing over 350 new titles a year.
Our head office is in Cheltenham, the office in Camberley provides editorial processing and production services, and we also have an office in the US.
EEP is seeking an editorial assistant to join its editorial and production team. The position requires a graduate who can demonstrate an interest in book publishing, perhaps acquired through an internship or from work in a publishing house, bookshop or library.
Good communication and organizational skills, along with computer literacy, are essential requirements. You will need to be careful and methodical as well as flexible and adaptable.
Duties will include:
• checking scanned articles and cleaning where necessary using Photoshop or Paperport software
• commissioning freelances
• collating proof corrections
• receiving manuscripts and first author-prepared pdf files from the managing editor
• advising authors on preparation of pdf files and checking final pdf files
• preparation and copy editing of cover copy, proofreading of cover text and checking final cover artwork
• assisting desk editors
• providing cover for reception
Send your CV with a covering email including salary expectations to:
Closing date: 13 Jul 2012